We all know there are thousands of different curries out there which means there are even more chicken curries and variations of the recipe.
This is one I grew up with and always looked forward to.
It’s a simple recipe that is extremely easy, quick and makes for great leftovers.
It’s messy (as you can see from the pictures) but it is so darn good!
- 2-4- Chicken Breasts, trimmed & skinless
- 8-10- Red Potatoes, medium siz(any potatoes will work- even sweet potatoes
- 1- Yellow Onion
- 5 Tbsp- Cooking Oil
- ½- ¾ C- Curry Powder, depending on level of spice(I use Madras Curry Powder for mild flavor)
- 2- 13 oz. Cans Coconut Milk
- Cube Chicken Breasts into 1”x1” cubes. Marinate in ¼ C curry powder and ½ C coconut milk for 2 hrs.
- Cube Potatoes into 1”x1” cubes (or as close to this as possible)
- Slice Onion into ½” thick rounds then cut into quarters
- Heat 2 Tbsp Oil in stock pot and sauté onions until translucent or starting to caramelize then remove
- Heat 3 Tbsp Oil in stock pot on High and add Chicken. Cook until just browned
- Add potatoes, rest of curry powder and rest of coconut milk.
- Stir well and reduce heat to medium or medium low and let boil for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Remove from heat and serve over white rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g